What do you get when you mix coconut oil, cinnamon, dark chocolate, raw honey, almond butter, and 1/2 a banana?
Healing food pudding!
I’m currently taking my “Expectation Vacation” and doing my best to TOTALLY take care of me! I’ve been to bed by 9 (or earlier), I’ve gotten all my supplements back in my regimen, and I’m eating a very clean, REAL FOOD diet. It’s been 5 days, and I feel AMAZINGLY better!
I’m experimenting with some treats, using some great healing foods. If you want to know more about the healing foods like: coconut oil, cinnamon, dark chocolate, and raw honey, check out this great guest post, 7 Pantry Staples to Spice up Your Life and Curb Your Cravings, I wrote at Kitchen Stewardship!
This first round tasted pretty good. The dark chocolate filled my need, yet didn’t make me crave more. It was paired nicely with licorice tea for a treat while I watched my Star Wars, Episode 2 movie (Yup, I’m a geek like that). If you need it sweeter, you may want to add some stevia. I think next time, I’ll add some unsweetened coconut flakes on top.
- 1 TB almond butter
- ½-1 oz Dark Chocolate (I used 100% cacao)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp raw honey
- ½ banana – mashed
- Melt the coconut oil, almond butter, dark chocolate, and honey in a small saucepan on LOW heat. The slower the better. You don’t want to burn your chocolate!
- Mash the banana into the chocolate sauce to provide thickness.
- Top with cinnamon…or you can mix it in!
- Pair with a cup of herbal tea such as licorice.